Medical Device Software Engineer
Vacancy: Medical Device Software Engineer
You will be developing the medical device application that will process complex medical images. You will
integrate the core bone MRI technology of UMC Utrecht spin-off company MRIguidance. Your software
will characterize human anatomy and aid doctors and patients in hospitals worldwide.
What you tell at birthdays about your job
“My software prevents cancer in patients that need to undergo a bone scan. It creates images that help
doctors to better diagnose and cure their patients.”
What you actually will be doing
You will be a key contributor to the core development of our MRI data analysis application for the
visualization and characterization of different human tissues. You will develop the applications that will
transport and process the medical image data of patients. This will be done with respect to the medical
regulations and directives. You will use agile and scrum methods and work in vibrant entrepreneurial team
of data and image scientists and developers.
● Design and develop clinical grade medical image analysis solutions
● Integrate and test image analysis algorithms
● Implement HL7/IHE/DICOM/XDS compliant communication servers
● Test, validate and install your solutions at clinical partners
● a bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related
● experience with design, implementation and testing of medical software;
● programming skills in at least Python and C++;
● experience with scrum/agile methods for software development;
● ability to speak and write in English fluently.
● problem solving attitude and skills;
● easy learner, quickly adapting to new languages, environments and libraries;
● interest in developing clinically oriented imaging solutions;
● knowledge of HL7, IHE, DICOM and XDS communication standards;
● experience with CI frameworks, such as Jenkins;
● experience with medical software development for FDA and/or CE certified products;
● experience with development in virtualized environments with application in the cloud;
● ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with imaging researchers and clinical
● the desire to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up company.
About MRIguidance BV
During their research MRI physicist Peter Seevinck and medical image scientist Marijn van Stralen
identified great unused potential for MRI-based medical imaging technologies. Together with Roel
Raatgever, former director of Europe’s no.6 academic business incubator UtrechtInc, they have founded
UMC Utrecht spin-off company MRIguidance. The team of MRIguidance actively collaborates with
hospitals in the Netherlands and abroad to develop and validate their image processing software.
MRIguidance recently became founding partner of the Fieldlab 3DMedical. The images of MRIguidance will
form the basis for 3D printed implants and medical devices.
This is what we offer you:
● a market conform salary;
● a unique opportunity to, already at an early stage, become part of a med-tech start-up with vast
● the possibility to get a stake in the company;
● work with interesting 3D medical imaging data sets from real patients;
● work on complex problems and see direct (visual) result;
● work that has a positive impact on people’s health and life;
● state of the art hardware and computational infrastructure;
● work in a team of smart, ambitious, and likeminded people;
● work with international partners;
● freedom and responsibility;
● work at our beautiful office at Maliesingel 29 in Utrecht.
For more information about this position please contact Roel Raatgever by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or simply give us a call (+31 624 674 383). To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV.
Application closes October 1st.